Music & Entertainment Assistance Scheme
€4m has been allocated for MEBAS 2022 to support those operating in the music sector
Self-employed performers, sole traders and businesses in the music industry with turnovers of €15,000 and over will be able to apply for grants of between €1,500 and €12,500
Performers such as musicians, singers, DJs, lighting and sound crew, audio equipment suppliers etc. will be eligible to apply
The scheme will open for applications at 1pm on January 27th and close at 1pm on February 17th
Today (20 January) Minister for Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media, Catherine Martin TD, announced the opening date for the 2022 strand of the MEBAS (Music and Entertainment Business Assistance Scheme). This simpler, easier to access new scheme will further support performers and individuals in the music business that have been impacted by the COVID-19 restrictions.
The guidelines for MEBAS 2022 will be published next Tuesday, January 25th on the Department’s website in advance of the application portal opening on Thursday, January 27th 2022.
The scheme will operate in a similar manner to CRSS (Covid Restrictions Support Scheme) by providing grants of up to the value of 15% of the average monthly VAT-exclusive turnover prior to the pandemic.
The aim of this scheme is to make a contribution to the overheads of self-employed people and sole traders in the music industry who have been significantly negatively affected by COVID-19. To be eligible, individuals/sole traders will need to demonstrate that their 2021 turnover was no more than 40% of their average turnover prior to the pandemic.
Please insert the turnover you are using to apply for MEBAS. Turnover can be from 2018 2019 or 2020
Please read the following guidelines carefully before starting your application.
• Applications are now invited for payment under this scheme.
• This scheme will be open for applications from 1pm on Thursday January 27th 2022 and close at 1pm on February 17th 2022.
• Businesses may make only one application under this scheme.
• The scheme is offered as a contribution to business costs for 2022.
• MEBAS 2022 will operate by providing grant payments up to the value of 15% of the average monthly VAT-exclusive turnover (i.e. annual turnover divided by 12 to get monthly turnover) of the business in one of the following years: 2018, 2019 or 2020 (the reference year).
• MEBAS 2022 grants will be paid on a monthly rate (Monthly Grant Payment Rate MGPR) i.e. at 15% of the value of the average monthly turnover of the business for the reference year.
• MEBAS 2022 will be paid for six months, January 2022 to June 2022, similar to the supports being offered under broader Live Entertainment LPSS supports. Therefore, the grant awarded will equal the MGPR x 6.
• To be eligible businesses will also need to demonstrate that their turnover in 2021 was no more than 40% of their turnover in their chosen reference year.
• The minimum grant under MEBAS 2022 is €1,500 and the maximum is €12,500.